Moving & Packing Tips !
This checklist will help prepare you for your move. Please feel free to contact TCWRC Moving Company NY with any questions.
- 1. Use strong boxes and containers that can be stacked.
- 2.Fill boxes completely, to keep them from collapsing and damaging belongings.
- 3. Pack books and heavy items in small boxes for easier lifting.
- 4. Put the heavy boxes on the bottom and the light ones on top.
- 5. Purchase special boxes for dishes and fragile items.
- 6. Label each box on several sides and indicate if it is fragile and what room it should go in.
- 7. Disassemble furniture for easier moving and storage.
- 8. Stand sofas on end, if possible.
- 9. Take advantage of the tops of dressers and the like to stack boxes and other items.
- 10. Stand mattresses on end and break down bed frames.
- 11. All stored items should be clean of food stains and particles.
- 12. Save money and room by using towels and blankets to wrap fragile items.
- 13. Use wardrobe boxes to hang clothing; remember to fill the bottom of the wardrobe box with shoes, pillows, or other light items · Protect furniture with shrink-wrap and blankets or pads to avoid damage.